Forged steel gate valve introduction
The opening and closing part of the forged steel gate valve is the ram. The direction of movement of the ram is perpendicular to the direction of the fluid. The forged steel gate valve can only be fully open and fully closed, and cannot be adjusted and throttled. The gate of the forged steel gate valve has two sealing faces. The two sealing faces of the most common mode gate valves form a wedge shape, and the wedge angle varies with the valve parameters.
Forged steel gate valve drive modes are: manual, pneumatic, electric, gas-liquid linkage.
Gate valves are divided according to materials: cast iron gate valve, ductile iron gate valve, stainless steel gate valve, forged steel gate valve, etc.
Advantages of forged steel gate valves
1. The fluid resistance is small.
2. The external force required for opening and closing is small.
3. The flow direction of the medium is not limited.
4. When fully open, the sealing surface is less affected by the working medium than the shut-off valve.
5. The shape is relatively simple and the casting process is better.
Shortcomings of forged steel gate valves
1. Both the external dimensions and the opening height are large. The space required for installation is large.
2. During the opening and closing process, there is relative friction between the sealing surfaces, which is likely to cause scratches.
3. Forged steel gate valves generally have two sealing faces, adding some difficulties to processing, grinding and maintenance.